Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Surrender

All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give:
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.
I surrender all.

Do we really say "I Surrender All" to Christ each day? Or is it a passing faze to us?

How I love this most convicting song as it reminds me l must surrender to our great God who has created us for His glory. I wonder how many of you, me included, adhere to the Word of God in His Bible and allow us to be subject to His will for our lives, and to Him period? No 'if's', 'ands', or 'buts'.

Our Saviour Jesus Christ died on Calvary's cross for our sins and shed His blood in our place. Do you think maybe we should not take this for granted and allow Christ our Lord to lead us to a more personal intimate relationship with Him and allow Him to be the center of our lives?

Ok, now, how do we surrender fully to our Lord God in heaven?

These are my thoughts, though others may have many more to add to. Here they are:

(1) Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Prov.3:5, 6 (trust)

(2) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up. James 4:10 (humility)

(3) The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in him. Lamentations 3:24 (hope)

(4) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7 (submission)

(5) The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship Him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, o Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created. Rev.4:10, 11 (worship)

(6) For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3 (obedience)

(7) We love Him, because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 (love for God)

(8) Because it is written, be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16 (personal holiness)


Just a few little things l saw which are Biblical and I wrote them down. Amen.

(c) Aug . 2009, Michael Carey

No comments: